Monday, July 13, 2015

Motivation

Whew!  It's been a busy day at my house today.   Fun, but busy. (In fact, I started this post about 3 hours ago but had several interruptions but good interruptions.)  I love spending time with my family and friends.  My darling daughter and I grocery went shopping this morning and then met my husband for a surprise lunch.  That was refreshing!  Then DD started baking and I went down the street to visit a friend.  I always love going and visiting her.  So it's been a great day.

I love days like this.  They make me feel productive!  Sometimes I have such a hard time with motivation.  I need to be motivated in so many ways sometimes: 

~ to eat better
~ to exercise
~ to do housework
~ to not procrastinate about everything


I've been doing better with my eating, but the rest?  Yeah, not so much.  I really don't enjoy exercise.  I've been trying to walk often but with my allergies, it's been hard to go outside and now today, it's TOO HOT!  I've done a little better on the housework than usual but still not what it should be.  I'd rather crochet!  =)

This need for motivation in so many areas of my life, not just the ones listed, has got me thinking and looking in different places for motivation.  I often look towards my family, my daughter and son are strong and healthy do what it takes to stay that way and I try to watch them to get motivated but it doesn't really help.  I try to look to my husband.   I want the house to look nice for him when he comes home so that he can feel comfortable and loved but... no, this doesn't work either.

So I decided to see what the Bible has to say on the subject. To see if it might offer me some...


1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Romans 12:11

Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.

Matthew 19:26

But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Hmm... well, I can see a lot of motivation here.  For eating right and exercise, for housework, and study.  Honestly, for most everything.  If I look at tasks as something to do for God, to honor him, then, well, WOW, that's some motivation!  Plus, the last one from Matthew?  Well, even someone as unmotivated as I am sometimes, should remember that with God, all things are possible.  Yep, I need to let God be my motivation.  

Where do you find your motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment