Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Gratitude #4

Well, I didn't make my gratitude post yesterday.  I was busy in my life, but I did write it in my journal.  

Today's gratitude mixed with a little from yesterday.  :)

~ Washing machines!   Washing clothes by hand would not be my forte.  

~ Spending two hours alone with my darling husband last night. We walked around a cute little downtown area for an hour of it. We visited a precious toy store and played.  We've decided we want to open a toy store!  LOL  Then when the heat started getting the best of us we went into a Starbucks for iced tea and enjoyed some time there visiting and people watching. 

~ This may sound weird but I'm grateful for gratitude!  Being aware is amazing and can really add much to a life.  

I've really been paying attention to what I'm focusing on and how that focus affects me and well, those moments when I'm focused on the blessings instead of the hardships, the difficulties and the negatives well, my life is much more joyful.  I've always known this was the case but seeing it, feeling it and really making myself notice the differences in my every day, really makes me want to continue it!  

I look for the smiles, mine or other peoples, I look for the beauty, the fun.  I look for what I can do for others to bring to them joy which in turn adds to my joy. 

I think this is our purpose, to be thankful in all things...

1 Thessalonians 5:18 
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is will of God in Christ Jesus for you."


No comments:

Post a Comment