Saturday, July 11, 2015

Be prepared for a confession...

Good Morning, dear friends!  I hope your morning is off to a good start.  In keeping with the time travel theme or the going back in time, I found another
journal recently that I had set aside for some reason. (Have I mentioned that I love pretty paper and books?) It's a prayer journal!  I used to write in it almost everyday, sometimes twice a day!  I would open it first thing in the morning and write out my prayers and then again right before bed.  Sometimes I did both sometimes just one or the other, but I wrote in it often.  I have no idea why I stopped.  I actually really enjoyed it!

Several years ago I read a book called "Confessions of a Prayer Slacker" (It's free for the Kindle or Kindle App right now) and it really got me into this discipline of writing my prayers, because well, here's a confession for you, often when I'm praying my mind begins to wonder and I almost forget that I was praying!  Or if it's at night, I fall asleep in the middle of it!  So I've found that writing them down keeps me focused and therefore my prayers are much more meaningful and well, just plain full.  Basically, I make it to the end!  Plus being able to see it reminds me of people and situations for which to pray.

Our prayer life is so important.  It keeps us grounded and connected to God.  It strengthens our relationship with him!  I'm always in need of that. Aren't you?  Anyway, I'm picking that journal back up and starting right where I left off and getting back to writing my prayers.  I mean, I need to fill those beautiful empty pages!!  What could be better to fill them with than prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment