Monday, March 11, 2019

Tempo of life

Matthew 11:28-30 The Message (MSG)

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Our Lenten Theme is Busy.  Society has become increasingly busy.  We just can’t seem to sit still anymore.  It’s always go, go, go whether it is our job, home, kids/grandkids, even church!  But we all need time to rest, time to recover to refocus.  Take some time today sit still with God.  Let Him refresh and renew you.  Let Him set the tempo of your life.

Renewing God,
Help us to slow down to the pace you set before us.  Help us work alongside you instead of running ahead.  Amen.



 

If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment