Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It All Adds Up

Short daily walks that add up ~~ friends being there when you need them ~~ cooler days giving me a glimpse of the fall that is soon to come

I'm so grateful for all these.  
~~~
I've stepped up my walking game a bit lately.  I've not sped up in my walking or even added distance to my walks really.  I've just added more walking.  I've been trying to go for a walk morning, afternoon and evening.  Just strolls really, though every once in a while I have to remind myself of that, thay are just around my neighborhood usually.  Sometimes I throw in a longer one but usually not. I've been amazed at how they have added up in steps and mileage. I had two 8 mile days in a row!  Yes, I, me, simply Sherri, walked 8 miles in a day, two days in a row.  I've had a total of 3 of these days ever!  After, the second one, I decided I wanted to try to do it at least once a week.  I never dreamed I'd do it the next day!  I wasn't even trying!  I'm really enjoying these walks, not only are they good for my body, they are good for my soul.  

"Arise, walk about the land through its length and breadth; for I will give it to you."  ~ Genesis 13:17

~~~
I often see on social media some kind of meme or quote about friends.  They say something about how true or real friends are the ones you don't talk to for a long time but are there for you when you need them. I have mixed feelings about that.  I think it's important for friends to spend time together but in this busy world of ours, maybe that's just not possible.  I have a good friend, a neighbor really, who I don't talk to or see enough but when one of us needs the other, we are always there.  It's so nice and refreshing to be able to call on a friend when you need one.  I'm so grateful to have a friend like that.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"  ~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

~~~
This weather has been perfect for all my walking.  If it was warmer, I don't know that I could it! I've been enjoying time out on the patio more because of the cooler temperatures too.   I have always loved fall.  The cooler temperatures, the leaves changing, wearing sweaters, fires in the fire bowl, soup and chili, home baked bread.  I can't wait for this next change of season.  Actually, I love all four seasons though, I'm noticing as I get older, I like the heat of summer less and less and I find myself wishing for a little shorter winter sometimes too, but I do love the different seasons.  They all have their place.  I've always wanted to live somewhere that has all four seasons and I do now.  I do have to say though that Autumn is my favorite.  What's your favorite season?


No comments:

Post a Comment