Monday, June 3, 2019

A Prayer for you and me

 

John 17:20-21 The Message (MSG)
20-21 I’m praying not only for them
But also for those who will believe in me
Because of them and their witness about me.
The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind—
Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
So they might be one heart and mind with us.
Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.


Don’t you just love the idea of Jesus praying for you?  Well, it’s not just an idea!  That is exactly what he is doing in this prayer.  Praying for future believers – that’s you and me, but it’s also our descendants!  Jesus is praying for his disciples to go out and bear witness to his life, to share about it and to live it so that others after them and after them, and after them and after us and so on will believe and know him and love him, and want to continue on in this manner so that we are all one with him and his father. Sharing their love with the world so that we might all be of one heart and mind.  What a day that will be!

Loving Lord,
Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your life that teaches us how to live every day.  Give love enough, courage enough and strength enough to live it and share it.  Amen. 


 

If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.
Share
Tweet
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment