Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Reflections

I've been reflecting... as I've been thinking about my sermon for Sunday, I've been reflecting on the last couple of weeks and I've realized that I feel like I've kind of found myself again.  It's nice.  

I think that since I've started serving in my little churches, I've lost a little of myself and over the holidays I've slowed down a bit and have been letting myself just be me.  I've been doing things I enjoy.  I've been taking time to blog, to tidy my house, to hang out with the family.  I've enjoyed it so much.

As we are preparing for a new year, I've decided that I want to really continue to find me, to be me.  I don't want to let me go.

One of the ways I'm going to do this is by getting back in the kitchen again.  I love cooking!  We are going to as a family, work on being more healthy and developing more healthy eating habits.  I can't wait to get in the kitchen and get started.  I'm looking forward to feeling better as I get rid of the junk in my diet.  I'm looking forward to playing in the kitchen! 

I may even let some of this roll over into other parts of my life too!  As I work to get rid of the junk in my diet, I may work a bit on getting rid of some of the junk in my closet and off my desk and dresser.  Just thinking about letting go of the junk in my life makes me feel lighter!

I don't know how much I'll succeed at this but if it will help lead me back to me, if it will help me to feel better and live more fully, then it is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment