Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

Can you believe that it is a new year?  Today we start with a blank page of life (just like every day by the way), what will we do with it?

Last night my little family, DH, DD and I got all dressed up and went out to dinner together.  We seldom ever get dressed up to go to dinner, but we decided that it was New Year's Eve and well, we wanted to end it looking nice.  When we first got to the restaurant, a new one for us, we felt a little self-conscious as others were going in in their jeans and t-shirts but we decided we didn't care what others looked like, we were ending our year looking good.  

We loved the restaurant and there were lots of people inside dressed up for the night out and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.  After dinner, we went looking at lights.  There was one house DD and I had been dying to drive by but we couldn't figure out to get to it... but we found Candy Cane Lane and it was beautiful.  

Then we came home and put on our jammies and watched a scary movie and then a comedy and they ended just in time for our count down to the new year and a toast with sparkling grape juice.  It was a fun evening with family.  It ended perfectly with DS and DIL (Daughter in love) calling to wish us a Happy New Year.  It was perfect.

This morning, I'm up early finishing preparations for worship and putting the ham in the oven for a delay start and chatting with you.  ☺

I've heard a lot people saying that 2016 was a bad year, but I have to say it really wasn't for us.  We had good times and bad but last night as we were toasting we started listing all the good things of 2016.  DS and DIL were married and both graduated college.  DD was accepted into a new dance school where she is getting pre-professional training.  I have been given the opportunity to serve two lovely little churches as their lay pastor.  DS is leading his team at work successfully and has been taking classes and completely then very successfully as well!  We still have a home, and plenty of food, we are all for most part healthy and life has been good to us.  We are happy, not perfect but we are happy and looking forward to a new year, new adventures.

So, how are going to start filling in this blank page we have been given today?  How do you plan to live this year?  My sermon this morning talks about living the way Jesus taught us, with compassion, forgiveness, and love.  How do we do that?  How do you plan to live compassion, forgiveness, and love this year?

Me?  I'm still working this...  I plan on being there for my family and neighbors when they need me.  I plan on giving more.  I plan on smiling more, loving more, laughing more.  I plan on living more.

~~~~
Had to run to DD, she isn't feeling well and needed medicine, poor thing.  

Anyway, Have a Wonderful, Meaningful, FULL New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment