Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Lights


Christmas lights.  Have I mentioned how much I love them?  They make me happy.  If I could, I'd add more every year and some I would leave up all year!  I love the twinkling lights.  In fact, I told my daughter we should get a bunch and just crisscross them all over the ceiling in our living room.  What is it about lights that just mesmerize me?  Like really!  I sit for hours just watching the lights the tree.


As a kid we would always take a drive to look at the Christmas lights people put on their houses.  This isn't a tradition that DH had and so it's taken a while for him to want to get into it with me.  I've always wanted to go to one of those neighborhoods where they go all out and walk through it all bundled up.  We've done that once, in Tucson, AZ back in the year 2000.  I know we have some neighborhoods nearby like this, maybe this year will be the year!  I'll have to do some googling and find just the right one.  We can go get hot chocolate and just make a evening of it!  DD would love it.  She's like me in this love of lights.

What pre-Christmas traditions do you have?  


No comments:

Post a Comment