Friday, December 9, 2016

Sunrise

Good morning!

I've been finding that I have to get up really early (5:15) in the mornings now, in order to get anything done.  I really haven't minded all that much (once I get myself out of the bed).  I mean I get to see beautiful moments like this one.


This photo just doesn't do the colors justice.  There was a lot more pink and blue involved but you get the idea.  Getting up early puts me in the right place to see beautiful sunrises like this.  It gives me time to get some things done for church before the family gets up so that I can spend time with them when they do.

I'm actually discovering that I love my quiet early mornings.  I spend time writing devotions for my churches and working on my sermons.  I spend time tidying up the house and sometimes I even get in a little more exercise (which I definitely need more of!).  It's been really refreshing for me.   

PLUS!  This time of year, it lets me see the Christmas tree all lit up in the dark.  I love sitting in the dark and watching the lights dance in the tree.  It's one of my favorite things to do.

Well, I had better get back to work.  I've got Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services to plan!  Music to find and a house that needs a little more work.  

I hope you have a wonderful day enjoying all the things that bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment