Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Knock knock. Who's there?

Revelation 3:20 English Standard Version (ESV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

I just love this verse.  The thought of Jesus knocking on my door and joining my family for dinner… Wow.  I’d probably die trying to run around and clean up real quick!  But that’s another story.  I wonder though, would I even hear his knock?  Have I heard it and not answered?  That’s something to think about it for sure.  

Dear God,
We long to know you, to see your face, to feel your presence with us and yet… how many times have we ignored your knock on our door?  Give us courage to risk answering your knock.  Give us ears to hear it.  Amen.



 

If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment