Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Even When It Hurts

2 Timothy 1:6-7 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

That is why I want you to remember the gift God gave you. God gave you that gift when I laid my hands on you. Now I want you to use that gift and let it grow more and more, like a small flame grows into a fire. The Spirit God gave us does not make us afraid. His Spirit is a source of power and love and self-control.

I don’t know about you, but there are a few people in the world who I really have a hard time offering grace too.  They are people who have a history of hurting me and so it’s hard to let them in again, but I have to risk it.  I have to keep on loving, keep on offering grace so that it can grow knowing that the spirit of God is with me, giving me strength and courage to love even when it hurts, even when it’s hard.  I need to love and let God do the rest.

God of courage and strength,
Fill us with your spirit and strengthen us to love the way you love – unconditionally, no matter what.  Help us to be more like you.  Amen.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment