Saturday, April 11, 2015

Coming back...

I'm working on another sermon and as I've been dwelling on it a song has started playing in my mind, over and over.  It's funny because in a way the two sermons I've been working on lately seem to be becoming attached.  They seem to have a lot in common now and it wasn't intentional.  They are for two different churches on two different topics and yet this song would go well with either... I think I need to go and take another look at the first one.  I think I have some to add and maybe change a little.  Anyway, it's a beautiful song and one I love so I thought this Saturday, I'd share part of it with you.


Heart Of Worship

"...King of endless worth,
no one could express
how much you deserve.
Though I'm weak and poor,
all I have is Yours,
every single breath!

I'll bring You more than a song,
for a song in itself
is not what You have required.
You search much deeper within,
through the way things appear,
You're looking into my heart.

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
and it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus.
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
when it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus."


I'm thinking of asking if my daughter could sing this as a special music at the second church, it's just so fitting...

It's speaking volumes to me today and my sermon is developing around it, my heart is changing as is my perspective.  Sometimes God knows just what to put in my head, when I need it... and not just for sermons...


No comments:

Post a Comment