Thursday, April 16, 2015

Change

I was sitting here today scrolling through Facebook (when I should totally be doing other things...) looking at all the people and organizations I have followed over the years, and I suddenly realized that I've changed A LOT in the last few years.  I"m not the same person I was.  My spiritual needs have completely changed.  My spirituality has changed.  About the only thing that hasn't changed about me is my weight! :(

It was kind of a shock to me at first.  I noticed that some of the pages I used to read everyday and hang on their every word, I scrolled right past.   They aren't what I need anymore.  They were there for me when I needed them and I 'm so glad but as I've grown and changed I need them less and less.  Don't get me wrong, there are still occasions where a post from them will catch my eye and it will be just what I needed to hear or read at that moment but I find I read them less and less.  They have been replaced with new pages that speak to me in new ways and for now I'm growing with them.  Who knows in a year or two they may be ones I'm scrolling past!

It was kind of weird to realize the change in me.  It was so gradual, I don't think I had realized how big the change really was.  It's a good change.  It's a welcome change.  Well, by me anyway.  LOL  I think sometimes the changes really get on my family's nerves!  But we love each other through it.  I mean that's what family does.

Anyway, I don't really know that there is much purpose for this post other than just my noticing a change, a good change or growth and thinking about it 'out loud.'  Growing, we should be ever growing.


No comments:

Post a Comment