Thursday, May 23, 2019

Stand in God's Way?

Acts 11:15-17 English Standard Version (ESV)

15 As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?”

That last phrase, “who was I that I could stand in God’s way?”, speaks volumes to me.  I think it all the time.  Who am I to say God hasn’t called them or you?  Who am I to say that their love isn’t real?  I’m just me, Sherri.  I don’t know anyone else’s heart, I can’t hear what God is whispering in their or your ears, just as you can't hear what he is whispering in mine.  What I do know, is that God can work in and through anyone he chooses.  What I do know is that God has called me to love all, to serve all and to judge none.

Lord of All,
Help us to love as you love, to see you in everyone, to love all.  Amen.
If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.
Share
Tweet
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment