Monday, May 20, 2019

Just As I Have Loved You

John 13:34-35 English Standard Version (ESV)

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Jesus said, “Just as I have loved you”.  How did he love while he was here in the flesh?  He healed, he taught, he prepared meals, he shared meals, he spent time with the people.  He loved them and invites us to do the same. No, he commands us to do the same. How are we doing at this?  How are we loving others?  Are we taking time to be present with those around us – friend and stranger?  Are we sharing meals, are we preparing meals?  Can those around us see that we are his disciples?

Loving Lord,
Help us to be more like you, to love more like you.  Amen. 
If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.
Share
Tweet
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment