Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Feed My Sheep

John 21:15-17 Common English Bible (CEB)

Jesus and Peter

15 When they finished eating, Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
Simon replied, “Yes, Lord, you know I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16 Jesus asked a second time, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Simon replied, “Yes, Lord, you know I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Take care of my sheep.” 17 He asked a third time, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was sad that Jesus asked him a third time, “Do you love me?” He replied, “Lord, you know everything; you know I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.

Jesus calls us all to care for those that he loves.  He calls each one of us to this.  Jesus says if you love me than love and care for all those whom I love. All of them.  I have a question for you.  Can we truly love Jesus if we don’t love all his people?

Gracious God,
Help us to show our love for you through loving and caring for all those who you love.  Amen. 
If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.
Share
Tweet
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment