Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Moments, Precious Moments

We've been having a tough time of it lately.  We've had issues here and there and some struggles too.  This week I've spent time concentrating more on my DD and it's been fun.  We went on an amazing adventure yesterday and then spent the evening snuggled up on the couch watching TV while we waited on the little ghouls to ring the door bell.  It wasn't our usual Halloween but it was a nice quiet one that we probably needed.  

Just this past week, I preached a sermon on time and how it can seem so fleeting to us.  I talked about how we have to make the most of every moment and so the last couple of days with my DD, I've done just that.  

Yesterday we went on one of our grand adventures.  It's been quite a while since we've done this.  
We've both been so busy, too busy.  So after some must dos like Bible study at one of the churches and a hospital visit, we headed to the Big City and tried a new to us restaurant and visited a new store.  
No adventure with DD is complete without stopping to purchase ballet shoes and then we made time for the bookstore!!  We never go to the bookstore anymore. We even purchased fun books!  Books for us, not books for work or school.  Just books for us and our own time.

 It was fun and quite the adventure for us.  I have a hard going to new unfamiliar places.  I don't like driving where I'm not familiar with the area and especially the parking!  So, yes, a grand adventure.  :)  It even snowed on us on the way home.   We laughed and giggled, we chatted, we walked, we had a beautiful time and I wouldn't trade a second of this time together.  

DD won't be here forever, she will eventually move out of our home into her own and begin her own life somewhere.  Until then, I'll cherish every minute I have with her.  Sometimes you have to put work away and just be in the moments God gives you.  These moments are precious!  Don't miss them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment