Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Disconnecting

DD fell last week while at ballet and she is now on crutches.  It's a waiting game that neither of us are very good at playing.  We have to wait for the radiologist to read the x-rays and then get the report to the Doc and then for her to call us.  Until then she is on crutches and bored and driving me crazy.  We've watched way too many Gilmore Girls in the last few days.  Binge watching at it's best.

We usually sit and watch until we get fidgety and then we pick up our phones and start playing games, toy blast, solitaire, crosswords and so on.   By the time it's bedtime, my eyes hurt and I can barely see.  Last night, I decided we needed to put down the phones.  They were making us feel bad.  So, I went to our game chest and pulled out a few games and we had a wonderful night!  We still watched too
many Gilmore Girls but we played Connect Four, Scrabble (no scoring!), and SkipBo while we watched.  We had a fun night cheering when we won and laughing at the mistakes, made up words and so on.

Why don't we do this more often?  We interacted with each other instead just staring at our screens like zombies. It was so nice!  Nice to disconnect from the screen.  My eyes thanked me and so did my daughter. 

There probably won't be games tonight as she is mostly likely going to ballet at least for a few hours to do what she can without putting weight on her foot but I'll be looking forward to the next time.  

What are your favorite games?  Offline games, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment