Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Happiness is...

Is there anything better than hearing happiness from your kids?  That's one of my most absolute favorite things in the world.

Gratitude #8
~ Hearing from DD that she is having a great time at her summer dance intensive.  She is growing up too fast!  Before I know it she will be going away to college.  I don't think I'm ready yet, but I am so proud of her.  She has been working on stepping out of her comfort zone for a couple of years now and this summer she really did!  It's not an easy thing to do, but she is doing great and it's totally paying off for her.

~ I don't hear a lot from my dear son but I do hear pretty often from sweet fiance.  She is North Carolina with her family this summer while DS is off doing army stuff.  We keep in touch pretty well, she lets me know how he's doing from time to time and it's nice.  I think sometimes she reminds him he should call home too.  I remember those days well.  lol  This week she has been wedding dress shopping so I've been getting lots of texts about that.  I feel so fortunate that she and I are close and friends.   I just love her and, well, I think she loves me too.  lol  Exciting times are coming in our family!  I hope I'm ready!  

~ My little family is so blessed.  Blessed with comfort and means.  We met a man on the street today in need and it made me remember what all I have that I take for granted.  We all need to be reminded of things like that everyday.

Thank you, God, for all that you have given my little family.  May we always have plenty to share with others.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment