Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Revival


Spring is finally here.  I’ve been needing a dose of spring.  This winter seemed to be a hard one for me.  Was it for you?

The past several years I’ve been dealing with some depression and spring has always helped with it some but this year? Well, I feel revived!

I don’t enjoy extremes of temperatures anymore.  I do like all four seasons; I love the beautiful snow in winter (for a LITTLE while) and the beach and swimming pools in the summer (until it gets TOO hot) but my favorites are spring and fall.  The temperatures are perfect and here in Kansas, we have a lovely wind that blows across me that seems to just soothe me.  It’s perfect.  

This year spring is bringing on such a revival in my life and I’m loving it.  I’m finding myself wanting to plant, to walk, to play.  To spend time outside with my family and my camera too.  I’m loving listening to the sound of the woodpecker and the other birds.  

I’ve even seen a revival in my little miniature pincher too.  He is precious but getting old.  This winter he’s almost been in hibernation mode.  He sleeps constantly, but now, if he sees my tennis shoes in my hand or even just socks, he is bouncing all around me wanting to go with me where ever I’m going, hoping it’s for a walk.  He seems to be happier too.  He’s funny, he’ll scratch at the door and we’ll open and he just wants to smell the outside.  I’ve discovered, he really just wants the door open, he doesn’t always want out he just wants to sit on the carpet in the doorway and feel the breeze on his face and smell the sweet spring air.

As I was reflecting on this this morning, an old hymn to came my mind.  

Revive us again;
Fill each heart with They love;
May each soul be rekindled
With fire from above.

Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
Hallelujah! Amen.
Hallelujah! Thine the glory.
Revive us again.

May we all be revived and rekindled with a fire from above!  Enjoy your spring!

1 comment: