Friday, April 11, 2014

A mother's thoughts...


I’m sitting here in the midst of mixed emotions this morning.  I just realized that in 3 weeks, my baby boy (who’s definitely not a baby anymore) will be leaving for basic training.  I’m so proud of him.  He is an amazing young man who aspires to be there to help people, to make a difference in the world, to follow in his dad’s footsteps.  Yes, I’m proud of him but I’m also feeling sad, sad that I’ve had my last full summer with him.  Sad that during the next 3 weeks we are so busy.  I’m happy though that he is excited to be starting this new journey in his life.  I’m happy that he’ll be back at the end of summer and will then join the ROTC program and I’ll have two more years with him before he starts making his home where the army sends him.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to 
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I know that God has great things planned for my son’s future and it does comfort me.  I can’t wait to see all that the future holds for him and his family someday.

Proverbs 22:6
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they 
are old they will not turn from it.

That comforts me as well.  He’s a good kid and has a good heart.  He’ll be a great officer and a great husband and father someday.  I know that he was raised well and it will always be with him.  

Oh, I just love this kid and I’m gonna miss him this summer!  Son, DO GREAT THINGS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment