Monday, June 24, 2019

Change My Heart

Isaiah 64:8 English Standard Version (ESV)

But now, O Lord, you are our Father;
    we are the clay, and you are our potter;
    we are all the work of your hand.

Do you know the hymn “Change my heart, O God”?  It’s in The Faith We Sing hymnal that we often use in the United Methodist Church, and it’s one of my favorites.  It’s one of my ‘go to-s’.  You know, I ‘go to’ it when… when I’m struggling with someone and I know it’s MY struggle, I sing this hymn.  

“Change my heart, O God, make it ever true.
Change my heart, O God, may I be like you.”

Then it goes into this verse from Isaiah.

“You are the potter, I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray.”

Sometimes, I know it’s MY heart that needs to change and this is my prayer.  To be more like him, to have his heart in all things.  That he continue to work on me and my heart until I AM more like him.

Holy God,
We are clay in your hands, a work in progress.  Please continue to mold us into exactly who you created us to be. Amen.

 


 

If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.
Share
Tweet
Forward
+1

No comments:

Post a Comment