Wednesday, June 15, 2016

NEWS!

I am so excited, I'm about to bust!  I have news that I just can't wait to share though I've been waiting a while now...  It how things roll in the United Methodist Church.

Monday night I met with representatives of two wonderful congregations and was introduced to them as their new Lay Minister or District Superintendent Assignment.  It's funny to say I was introduced to them because I have been preaching at these churches for while now.  One of them I provided pulpit fill once a month and the other several times a year.  It's the formality of it all, but we already love each other and so it's was just a great meeting. 

I can't wait to get started!  My head has been swimming with ideas for a while now. I hope I am able to live up to what has been set before me and together, I think WE can!


2 comments:

  1. Warmest congratulations, Sherri! I did something similar (except I was considered a half-time lay pastor and/or temporary pulpit supply) from July 2007 too October 2008. I'm so happy and excited for you. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

    Blessings!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete