Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hello? It's God calling...

Today, I am having an interview for Lay Speaker designation. I woke up a nervous wreck and scared to death. I prayed and read my Bible readings for my Disciple class and prayed some more. I talked with my darling husband and then my dear mother. Then I arrived and prayed so more! Ha!

It was a bit nerve wracking but a fairly easy process (once I got to this point). They were super nice and it was very conversational so that helped. It feels weird talking about a call. HA! Not just any call but My call. I don't know why it's so weird but it is. Maybe because it seems surreal to believe that God could be calling me, me, Sherri. I'm a nobody, what could I do? But here I am. 

In Disciple, this week we talked about Romans. We were reading from the Message and at some point someone said, "God can use anyone - he can take a nobody and make them a somebody."  Hmmm!  What a concept!  I think the direct quote is:

           "I'll call nobodies and make them somebodies; I'll call the
            unloved and make them beloved.  In the place where they
            yelled out, You're a nobody!" they're calling you "God's living
            children."

Wow.  So, God can really be calling me... God IS really calling me and I'm trying to answer that call.  It's not easy.  He's pulling me out of my comfort zone.  Even just talking about it is pulling me out of my comfort zone.  But you know what?  Sometimes, getting out of your comfort zone can be a lot fun!!  Oh, and rewarding too.  :)  Try it!!  You just never know what God has in store for you.


By the way, I was approved by the district and they will send their recommendation to the conference for approval!  

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! God works in mysterious ways. He uses everyone who opens their heart to Him, who trusts Him with everything in their life. No one is unworthy to work for the purpose of God.

    Many believers have callings in many different aspects. Some teach, some preach, some sing, some encourage, some work with those in need. Each one works for God as part of the whole.
    Bless you, and keep your phone line available for God's calls.
    Byron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Byron, I am leaving my lines open! It's amazing when you hear God calling you and it's a great feeling to follow! :) I agree that God has a plethora of ways for people serve sharing their gifts and talents and he's calling each of us. We only have to listen and be willing.

      Delete
  2. God's call is an awesome thing to surrender to. I've been learning more and more that:

    "He doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called."

    He also doesn't stop calling. I tried to run from it and he kept pursuing me like a jealous lover. I'm so glad he did.

    I love what Michael Hyatt (through Steven Pressfield) said:

    "...the Resistance. Steven Pressfield coined this phrase to describe that invisible, destructive force that opposes you any time you try to start a new project or make an improvement in any area of your life."
    http://michaelhyatt.com/044-how-to-overcome-the-resistance-podcast.html

    I've been experiencing that inner resistance. Then I had a revelation last weekend. The more you press INTO Him, the more your desire for other things fades away.

    Keep it pushing forward. I loved reading this article.

    Darrell
    www.DarrellWolfe.Com

    ReplyDelete