Tuesday, July 10, 2018

No More Sidelines!

I’ve always been one of those people who kind of sat on the sidelines of life.  I watched as others lived their lives and dreamed of someday living mine.  I always worried that there was never enough money for us to do anything, so didn’t, but I think I’ve moved into a new chapter in my life.  I have a new understanding of things, of life and how things work.  I’ve decided to stop worrying about not having enough. That kind of thinking kept me from living the life we wanted, a life of joy and abundance.

This Sunday was my DH’s birthday.  After church, we headed out of town to celebrate! First stop, St. Louis, Mo and the arch. What a fun evening we had!  First, a visit to see the arch,
birthday cake,
a carriage ride,

and fireworks!  

I guess someone told the city that it was DH’s birthday and so they helped us celebrate with a beautiful fireworks display by the arch!


In our 25+ years of marriage, we have always said, “Someday…”  Someday we’ll take a carriage ride, someday we’ll go on a just a little trip just us. Well, someday has arrived!  I wish we hadn’t let ourselves keep putting it off but I can’t do anything about that so I’ll enjoy our time now.  I’ll enjoy the joy we both feel as we explore together, laughing, walking, smiling, resting, just being together living our abundant life of joy.

As our trip continued, we received great news! Our trip was actually a long way to go pick up DD from her summer intensive in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  As we drove closer to our destination, DD called to tell us they had asked her to return in August to be a part of their trainee program! 
 What a wonderful opportunity for her.  She is so excited and we are excited for her.  The next few weeks will go by too quickly and I plan on living in every moment of it with her.  Planning her apartment and future visits.  Tonight, we have a Christmas in July date with Hallmark movies and DeBrand Hot Chocolate! 
Did I mention how much we love DeBrand? It is a fine chocolatier in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  You can see more about it in this post from our first visit there. 

I’m really feeling in the Christmas in July spirit. I love Christmas so much, everything about it!  The lights, the trees, the holly and tinsel, the music, the movies, the joy and goodwill that come with it.  The reason we celebrate to begin with!  I love it all and want to experience it more every day or at least more often throughout the year. Several years ago, I decided that I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up, or really, who I wanted to be, Mrs. Santa Claus! (click the hyperlink to read more about it) And that hasn’t changed a bit.  


This new idea of really living life has made me feel more like Christmas every day because of the joy I get to experience with my family and friends.  Christmas isn’t just one day a year, it’s not just a season, it’s something that we should only think about once a year.  We should celebrate and experience the excitement of the birth of Jesus every single day and this working to live my life more is helping me to do that!

How do you live life every day?  How do you live Christmas every day?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Sherri - we should live full and abundant lives in the present moment, and stop putting off those things that bring us joy.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete