Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A sharing today...


Good morning, my dear friends!  It's a beautiful day here at my house.  I have much to do but have decided that I really want to get back to blogging.  I used to love blogging about life, and dreams and well, I miss it so I'm getting back at it.  (We'll see how long I last.  HA!)

Last night we arrived home from a two, yes TWO, week vacation.  It was wonderful.  We had so much fun and I feel much revived.

We left right after church one Sunday and headed to DS and DIL's home for the night.  I wish they could have gone with us but DS was in a military school, DIL just started her first year teaching!  Yay!!  Anyway, we got in late but had a nice very short visit as we got up early the next morning and headed out  again.  This time to see DH's sister.  We had a very nice visit there.  They had just moved into their beautiful new home.  It's gorgeous!

DD and I are kind of grocery store nerds and so we really enjoyed going shopping for dinner at their local Kroger, which is MUCH better than our Dillions even though they are the same company.  DH's sister was intrigued by our (DD and I) being vegan so we went shopping to show her what we eat and we came home and had a yummy dinner!  Vegan burgers for the vegans, with grilled veggies, chips and guac, followed by  yummy vegan ice cream.  Somehow we didn't get any photos...  Sorry, next time!!

The next morning we headed out on our final leg to our destination.  On the way we stopped and had lunch with DH's other sister.  We had a nice visit and our sweet chief got to stretch his legs a bit.  We did a photo here but it is on DH's phone, so I can't share it ...  Maybe I'll edit later.  

And then we were off!  And here's where my photo's begin!  You may be asking where we went on the glorious vacation.  Well... here is your first clue!




Yep, we headed out Florida!  We took the kids many years ago, but DD had few, if any, real memories (she was 4) of it so, for her senior trip she wanted to go back.  More specifically...


To Disney World!!  We got to our hotel (not a Disney Resort because they don't allow pets) and checked it out first.  



It was a beautiful place to stay.  We got settled in and then we headed out to Disney Springs for dinner!



Vegan Sausage  It was delicious!





We had 4 beautiful days at Disney World.  It was so fun!  The crowds were rough but we just enjoyed ourselves.  We weren't able to ride everything but again, we just had fun.  Here are a few of my favorite photos from Disney.

Day One - Disney Hollywood Studios and Epcot  (I'll have to add more from DH's phone later.)



Yes!  I did meet Baby Groot!!








Day Two - Magic Kingdom







With her people (lol she was born in Hawaii)









This night we had a special dinner at Trails End Restaurant at Disney.  The photo above is with our waiter, Kevin.  He was a great waiter and we enjoyed our time with him.  It was a BBQ place and yet 12 vegans showed up that night because we had all heard about Chef TJ and the amazing cooking he does for vegans.  And it was Amazing!! 












DD and I shared all of it except the soup and dessert.  We each got our own for that.  We loved every bit of it.  It was wonderful and Chef TJ was so accommodating.  We appreciated it so much.

Day Three - Animal Kingdom (PANDORA!!!)





















I was a bit whipped...  It was hot and late and I was tired!


This was a great day.  We loved Pandora but the LINE!!  We waited in line 3 hours to ride the Banshees on the Flight of Passage.  It was an amazing ride and you felt like you were really flying on its back (right down to feeling it breathing between your legs) over the water and through the forests.  It was breathtaking!   By far our favorite ride but wouldn't wait that long to ride it again.

Day Four - whatever we could fit in!  


It was just the two of us this day.  DH dropped us off and we traveled park to park on their transit.  We had a great time.





Healthy vegan lunch.



This is the first half of our trip.  I'll post the next part later.  Now, I'm off for a walk on this lovely day with my girl.  Trying to make every day a little bit like vacation.  :)  Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment