Sunday, February 19, 2017

Holy Perfection

Good Sunday Morning!  How are you this morning?  It's a bit foggy here but I can see the sun trying to come up on the horizon to brighten our day.



Do you have plans for worship this morning?  I've been thinking on my sermon for today.  I'm not going to share it here, at least not right now but the topic is Holy Perfection.  This morning as I was thinking on this while getting the kitchen ready for both lunch and breakfast (Crockpot meal), I found myself irritated with my DH because he threw something away that he deemed trash, that I had been saving for this morning's meal prepping.  I'm working hard on not being angry, it's an honest mistake, not really a big deal and yet...  I'm irritated.  He was being helpful by cleaning up the kitchen for me.  He was loving me by helping me and yet... I feel irritated...  I'm working on loving him for the help he offered.  I'm working on not being petty, and not letting something so silly get to me.  IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER, SHERRI!  Let it go!

Then my sermon came back to me.  Holy Perfection.  Emulating God's quality of perfection, remembering Christ's command to 'be Perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect.'  Remembering the Lord's words in Leviticus, "You shall be Holy, for I the Lord your God am Holy."  I remember my sermon, where I say practice, practice, practice.  I remember that we are to be consistent with Love.  Now, I love my husband, he just gets on my nerves sometimes, Lol, but if I struggle here, with someone I love deeply, how in the world am I supposed to love my enemies?  Practice, Practice, Practice.  Be so full of love that you can't help but love always.

As my DH continues to drive me nuts today I will try to practice what I preach... I will try to remember to strive to practice, practice, practice Holy Perfection of LOVE.

Have a great day!  and DH, I love you!!

4 comments:

  1. As much as I love my husband, Sherri, he can do things that strike a wrong nerve in me. I've learned, too, that we must practice the art of forgiveness, and letting go of what irritates us in the moment. It's not always easy, but it's the only way to go.
    Hope your sermon was well received!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly makes for a much happier marriage when I try to see the love behind those irritations. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Sherri, thank you for sharing this--it's not always easy to be vulnerable, especially on the internet! This is a good word for all relationships, not just the one between husband and wife.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is great for all relationships. 😊 I just needed to remember it in marriage yesterday. Lol

      Have a great week!

      Delete