Thursday, May 16, 2019

Believe the Works

John 10:37-38 English Standard Version (ESV)

37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; 38 but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”

Have you ever been doing something good, something you felt God call you to, only to have others mock you, or shame you, or criticize you?  Yeah, me too. It doesn’t feel too good but rest in the knowledge that we are in good company.  Jesus was put to death for the works he did in God’s name but he knew that no matter what he couldn’t be separated from him and neither can we.  Keep doing the hard things, ignore the naysayers and feel God’s peace in doing God’s work.

Gracious God,
Give us strength and courage to do your work even when others try to deter us.  Amen. 
If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.
Share
Tweet
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment