Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Be Generous

Luke 12:33-34 The Message (MSG)
33-34 “Be generous. Give to the poor. Get yourselves a bank that can’t go bankrupt, a bank in heaven far from bankrobbers, safe from embezzlers, a bank you can bank on. It’s obvious, isn’t it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.
 
I don’t know about you, but I have a lot ‘stuff’, too much really. It’s past time for me to start going through it all and see if I can donate some of it to someone who really needs it.  What is still in good condition can be given to those who need it.  I have too much and others go without, so it’s time for me to be generous and give to the poor.  How about you? 

Loving Lord,
Forgive us our desire for more stuff, help us to replace it with a desire for more of you.  Amen.


If you find this devotion to be a blessing, please share it with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment