Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Catching up...

So, I've been so very lax lately on my blogging.  It's not that I don't have anything to say or share, I've just been... blah and busy I guess.

Let's see if I can catch you up in just a few short paragraphs.

First, my DD was accepted as an apprentice in a dance company nearby which is very exciting!  It will be a lot driving and sitting for me for a bit while I make sure she is ready to drive on the interstate and in downtown traffic but it's worth it for her to get the experience.  I did find a little coffee shop near the studio so I maybe spending some time there for a few weeks.  Hey!  Maybe it will get me writing again.  :)

Last weekend we took her to St. Louis to audition for some 'regional' summer intensives.  It was a nice quiet weekend for DH and I.  Sometimes it's just nice to be away from everything and just be.  Anyway, she should hear back about those soon.  She is so excited!

I started a new Advanced Lay Servant class on Monday to keep my certification current.  It's Biblical
Storytelling.  I find it very interesting and could see myself possibly doing this outside of the course.

I was busy busy preaching the last couple of months which was wonderful!  It's slowing down now.  I preach this Sunday and have a couple of Sundays off and then two in a row but I think it's going to go back to just once a month soon...  it's kind of sad as I enjoy it so very much.  So if you know of anyone needing a speaker in my vicinity, give them my name!!  

Well, there you have it.  Me in a nutshell.  I'm really going to try to write more and blog more.  It's good for me and I have few new ideas too, soooo.... don't give up on me!  I'll be back!  Now... to go write this week's sermon... wish me luck!  Better yet, pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment