Thursday, September 17, 2015

Joy!


"But I do not count my life of any value to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the good news of God’s grace." ~

Acts 20:24New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)


~~~~

What a beautiful day!  I woke up happy and have managed to stay happy!  

It started with a lovely walk with my favorite girl.  I love walks with her.  I get to learn so much about her and from her!  She is wise beyond her years and is just so much fun to be with!  The wind was blowing and oh how I love the wind.  I love to spread out my arms wide, shut my eyes, and just let the wind blow over me.  I tried to get a photo of the wind blowing through the trees today but well, as you can imagine, it didn't work.  But I love the wind so much.  As I was enjoying it today, and proclaiming the joy it was bringing to me, to my daughter, I couldn't help but think of the Holy Spirit and how it can blow over us, around us and us through us.  Maybe that's why I love the wind so much.  Who knows.

Then we got ready and went to preschool!  Yes, we went back to preschool, this time as music leaders!  It was so fun.  It's Christian Pre-
Not one of the kids today but isn't he cute!
My nephew.
school and they asked us to teach the kids some Bible songs and then at Christmas we will do some singing at their Christmas program.  We had so much fun!  It was new and one of the classes forgot to come but they will be there next week!  The kids were just precious and oh, how I've missed sharing my love of music with little ones.  We sang, we danced, we moved, we laughed, we learned.  It was fun and I'm looking forward to next week.



This is how I feel my day was, all ages in ministry together
After lunch, I went to visit an octogenarian couple from church.  What a lovely visit we had!  We laughed, we shared stories, we shared pictures, we listened to each other, we just shared these moments in time with one another.  We shared ourselves.  I left feeling alive and loved.

I started out my day thinking I was going to get to be in ministry today and yet, I feel more like I've been ministered to!  What a full and wonderful day and it's not even over yet!  It's definitely been a day full of love and giggles and music.  It's what every day should be filled with.  A day filled with joy, pure, unbridled joy.  My face hurts from smiling so much! 


~~~~~~


 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” ~John 13:34-35 

No comments:

Post a Comment