Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Making a Difference


I'm feeling a little nostalgic on the beautiful fall day so I thought I'd share an old post from old blog.  Hope you enjoy it.

"Making A Difference"

Ever since I was a little girl, I've wished to have an experience like the one in my all time favorite movie, "It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart.  How lucky George Bailey was to get to see what a difference he made in this world.

Ok, so I don't really need to see what life would be like if I hadn't been born, but it would be so very nice to be able to see that I have made a difference in this world.  I mean isn't that why we are here in the first place?  To make a difference?  To be a light, God's light, to others?  To show love to each other?

I get those emails, you know the forwards, where it talks about a teacher and how they touched so many lives.  How they made a difference to someone or several someones.  Every time I get one of those emails, I have a few days of wondering what kind of difference I'm making... Am I touching people's lives in a positive way?  Am I doing a good job of shining God's light?  Am doing a good job with it right here in my home with my husband and kids?  Am I doing it at Kids Praise Choir?  Am I doing it out in the community?  

To continue reading click here....


No comments:

Post a Comment